Saturday, June 15, 2013

A review in progress...#1

Hey!

Check out my other blog! I am Pie!
Thought that it would be quite interesting to do a review of a book I am halfway through. Where do I get these ideas?

So this week it's...
 Score so far:6/10
Page number:200
Blurb: When Ted is spotted by a model agency, she can't believe it. At the same time her gorgeous sister, Ava, is diagnosed with cancer. With her world turned upside down, Ted has a lot of growing up to do, some of it in five-inch platforms. Can she be a supermodel and a super sister? Or will she have to choose between fame and family








Okay, so The Look so far has a bit of a conceited main character, with a non-existent sister with cancer. Am I overreacting? Yes. But it feels like it.

Ted is scouted by Simon Scammer, whilst out busking with her CLEARLY  unwell sister. She then forgets about it, goes home to her manky flat and only whilst reading Marie Claire does she suddenly see this logo.

And another thing. The theme of daughter-trying-to-help family starts quite nicely, but is lost very quickly. There are themes about body images that are started, but then the threads are lost, in the deep plotline.

However, at around page 198, it picks up. All I can say for now, is that the essentially OTT character is officially in the game. And is brilliant.

I will stick at this book. At the end of the day, it is a read that needs to be read an it's an easy read.

Lots of love,
The Book Fridge :-)
And have any of you read this? Email me, comment, or just google+  our community!


No comments:

Post a Comment