Saturday, May 4, 2013

BATTLE OF THE BOOKS

*Deep voice*
THE ULTIMATE BATTLE.
 
IN THE RED CORNER WE HAVE THE KINDLE!!!!!!!!!
IN THE BLUE CORNER WE HAVE THE PAPER BOOK!!!!!!!!!

Round 1:
Which has the greatest range?
Kindle:
  • There are over 400,000 books available, in print, out of print or self-published ones.
  • However, Kindles can only store approximately 3,500 books, so that's your limit.
Paper book:
  • There are approximately 129,864,880 books in print according to google
  • You can have as many as you want....
Round 2:

Which is cheaper?
Kindle:
  • The basic kindle is £69 excluding postage
  • Many classics and self-published are free
  • However, I don't like the thought of having my favourite books stored on a chip or whatever it is, so I buy them in hard copies
Paper book:
  • The average new book in paperback is priced at £5.99 from a shop, but are often available cheaper second hand in charity shops
  • Recently I bought a book from Amazon that was cheaper in paperback than Kindle-combine that with my peevishness about favourite books and memory chips, then it was better values to get it in a hard copy.
Round 3:
Which lasts longer?
Kindle:
  • Battery lasts up to 48 hours continual use with wireless
  • Up to 2 weeks continual use without wireless
  • Takes around four hours to charge fully
  • What do you think happens if you get it wet, drop it, damage it...
Paper book:
  • NO BATTERIES!
  • You can use it forever-my copy of Jane Eyre was printed in 1933 and Wuthering Heights in 1920 and I still read from them!!!!
  • Virtually indestructible-until you do book art on it.... (Find out what that is here)
So who's best? Who's your winner? COMMENT!

Here are some ideas:
"Paper books, because that way you can tell how far through a book you are and how far you have left to go...."
"Paper, because you can feel it..."
"kindles are better for taking on holiday because it is a whole library that is lighter than one book and it doesn't take up as much room, but with a kindle you cant turn a page like you can with a book"

Opinions please!
Love,
The Book Fridge



2 comments:

  1. I reckons paper is better 'cus you can organise them more easily!!! On my kindle I hav this massive long list of books and I hav to scroll through to find the one I want... annoying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but have you ever seen me organise my bookshelf..........
    I started last year and have JUST finished!
    I like the paper!:_)

    ReplyDelete