Saturday, January 3, 2015

Review #15: Soulmates by Holly Bourne

Hello children!

IT'S 2015 I ALREADY HAVE MANY MANY MANY RESOLUTIONS!

(Today's post has few pictures i am working from an unfriendly Mac)

Soulmates by Holly Bourne
** spoiler alert ** I read this overnight. Literally.
Normally I wouldn't review a book, (on Goodreads) I would rate it and move on, but this is possibly the most awful book I have ever read.
As well as being one of the best.
The story unfolds slowly. It is written in two POVs, Poppy's and a third person POV from an organisation determined to keep our star crossed lovers apart.
Is it a Hollywood ending?
Yes. Although (spoiler) they don't get to stay together, their love for each other keeps them going. They have moved on and are happy, whilst still loving each other, doing what's best for all of mankind.
Anita is cruel. Her jealousy of what they have, combined with her curiosity is lethal and a really good plot point. Much as I hate to say it.
Would I read it again? Yes
Why? The feels.
 

Goodbye my lovelies!

The Book Fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment