Saturday, February 15, 2014

Strange love triangles!

Ladies and gentlemen!
Helloooo!
I'm quite annoyed (but also really happy because I finished my project! YAY!) with geometry.
'Oh no!' I hear you cry. 'What has got her annoyed this time?'
I'll tell you what. Triangles.
Love triangles.
People messing with love triangles.
ARGHHHHHHHHHH!

Lovely large picture of triangle-with-heart-in. Here is a list of love triangle books.
Mockingjay, Catching Fire, Hunger Games, The Selection, The Elite, Matched, Crossed, Reached, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, The Mortal Instruments, City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess, Throne of Glass, The Iron King, My Name Is Rapunzel, The Summer I Turned Pretty, Anew, The Shadow Reader,Scarlet, Les Miserables
Please tell me you read that. Cause I read all the books.
Let us take one of the most famous love stories of all time. Pride and Prejudice.
Loki

Exactly. Thank you.
P&P is my example of THE-SINGLE-BEST-LOVE-TRIANGLE-OF-ALL-TIME.
Mr D. meets Lizzie. Hate all round. Lizzie meets Mr Wickham. Follow true lurve. Enter Jane and Bingley=true lurve. Darcy doesn't think Jane actually loves Bingley, so breaks them up. Boo-hoo. He realises he loves Lizzie, proposes to her and GIF BREAK!
(From the 2005 film)
Keira-LIZZIE says no because Darcy kind of broke her sisters heart. She mopes, but is cheered by Mr Wickham. She goes away, awkwardly bumps into Darcy and sister number five elopes with Wickham. Darcy pays for a marriage, because he's that kind of guy, and my clock appears! (Seriously!) Oh, and Lizzie meets Darcy's sister, Georgiana, who is gorgeous. Wickham tried to elope with her as well. Lizzie acknowledges her affection for Darcy and Lady Catherine de Bourgh pays a visit, claiming that Lizzie had no right to talk of a proposal to Darcy. BUT, Lizzie refuses to say to her that she will never marry Darcy.
They meet somewhere and he proposes and she accepts and they all live happily ever after THE END.

So where did it all go so wrong? In a love triangle, you have four options to resolve it:

  1. Prove guy/girl no.2 to be disreputable (Pride and Prejudice)
  2. Kill off guy/girl no.2 (Les Miserables, and didn't that end well!)
  3. Turn girl/guy no.2 into a dragon (My name is Rapunzel. I didn't like Henry, I love James/John (I can't remember their names!))
  4. Get girl/guy no.2 a boyfriend/girlfriend (Mortal Instruments. Easy way out.)
So, there you have it. PLease do the poll, because you know how happy that makes me.
The Book Fridge :-)
 As ever, Google stalk me HERE, email me HERE and comment!  And I bought a book this week-My Name is Rapunzel. I definitely enjoyed it and didn't find it confusing.
Lies! All lies!



No comments:

Post a Comment