Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It's a love story....

Hey,


I blog from the land of sheep and cows and farmers.
and very little mobile signal but yolo. (I haven't responded to a text in dayssssss.)


Ground rules:
DON'T TALK ABVOUT DOCTOR WHO NOT NOW NOT EVER.
i haven't seen it yet


So, recently over my summer time holidays, I have been reading a lot of lurve stories.


I started off with Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell.
(Review #13, 10/10)

Cuteness overload.


So, E&P are not your usual love story. Not in the fault-in-our-stars way, because Augustus is hot.
Eleanor is round and has a disturbed home life and is in no way perfect.
Neither is Park, he is half Korean and read comics and can't live up to what his dad expects from him.
and it's sad. I was sobbing whilst reading the ending BUT IT ISN'T SAD IN A FAULT IN OUR STARS WAY. Happiness is implied, but it still makes your heart ache. Theirs is a love that will last them forever.
Rainbow also wrote Fangirl, which has a slightly happier ending. She's made the list of 2014's favourite authors.


Then I read Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider.
(Review #14, 8/10)
Review: Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider


Again a love story. But not meant to span generations. Ezra is 'hot' (we are told this repeatedly in the book AND I CAN MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS) and Cassidy is 'gorgeous'.
Apparently it's a 'Fault In Our Stars' book, but it isn't. They don't love each other and the tragedy isn't a tragedy (I'm not a dog person). And hey, he moves on pretty quickly.


The Book fridge
I will add a gif in when the wifi is better.
I HAVE A NEW BLOG AND IT'S HERE! 
As ever, Google stalk me HERE, email me HERE and comment!   I'm off on my holiday, so no post next week

No comments:

Post a Comment