Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Dangers of Free Books

Hi!
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! (Don’t mean/want to offend-I can’t pay the lawyers fee)
‘Never trust a skinny chef’. Personally, I think it should be changed to ‘Never trust a free book’. I, being a teenager, never have any money with which to buy books-if I do have any, I’ll have already bought books from my ‘list’. I tick as I go.
When I discovered the Amazon™ Children’s Top 100 Free Books, I leapt several feet into the air. AT last, free books with no publishers denying my requests, and it’s legal!
Soon, the honeymoon period ended, and I discovered that while there are a few gems (more about those later), many books revolve about the Twilight genre-or, you know, Supernatural. I have found that there are no Tudor court romances, very little fantasy. However, to help you save money amidst the January sales, here is a little Book Fridge special so that you can spend your cash on shoes!
The Raie'Chaelia
TRC is the first part in a three-part series. It is the only one that is free, but many people would pay £6 for a worse book in your local bookshop. It is very well written and maintains a strong plot throughout. It is my favourite free book!

Pride and Prejudice
Cease your groaning please. P + P is a very good book, although the language may be a bit tricky to comprehend. Anyone who is watching Death Comes To Pemberly (squeee! Final episode tonight!) should be fine, so there is NO EXCUSE (not to read it).

Fairy Tales Every Child Should Know

FTECSK is unintentionally funny. Just the image of 'proper tales' is hilarious. In addition to that, the baddies win! In the Little Mermaid, she doesn't win, she becoems SEA FOAM!

What I don't like about them:
Self-published free books (note there is only one up there) often have not been edited/proof-read properly. I have developed a habit of correcting my free Kindle books-they annoy me so MUCH!

(Just to blind you!)
The Book Fridge :-)
Google+ HERE, email HERE and comment. R+R HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment